How Do Promo Videos Work?
- Dean John
Promotional videos are not a novel marketing strategy. Now, they have been transformed into explainer videos now which has led to an increased emphasis of businesses on explainer video services. Video marketing is unique in that it allows you to easily capture people’s attention. More importantly, it allows you to elicit emotion, leave an impression on the viewer, and encourage them to act.
You must be wondering how to create video content that is appropriate for each stage of the customer journey? That’s what an explainer video services firm like Video Explainer can do for you. But since we’re all about learning, let’s get a little educated about it.
Step 1: Determine Your Objective And A Single Message
As previously stated, make your promo video goal as specific and narrow as possible. Everyone wants more sales, but what specific goal do you hope to achieve with your promotional video? Create a single message to guide your video creation after you’ve defined your goal. The one thing you want your audience to remember about you.
Step 2: Decide On A Course Of Action
What is the direction your promotional video will take before you begin writing your video script? Will you be demonstrating your product in a real-world setting? Do you intend to have a current customer review it? Which scenes, props, and people do you need to have on hand when it comes time to film the video? All of the above questions need to be answered to formulate a customer-centric video marketing strategy.
Step 3: Compose A Video Script
Everything a viewer will hear in your promotional video, including any on-screen talking and a voice-over, is defined in your video script. Ideally, your promotional video script will supplement what the viewer sees on the screen, and vice versa.
The most important thing to remember about your video script is that there is no room for fluff, stiff phrases, or an unnatural tone of voice. The experts at the explainer video services you hire are responsible for that.
Here’s how to keep your promotional video script short, sweet, and personal:
Introduce A Pain Point Or A Challenge That Your Audience Is Facing
- Explain how your product or service helps the viewer solve this problem. Add steps and supporting evidence to your claims (based on your video direction, such as product demo or customer review). Then, finish with a direct and simple call to action.
- Once you’ve completed the first draft, edit your video script to remove any fluff and generic statements that could apply to any competitor product or service. Refine the draft to highlight what makes you the best solution possible.
- Make your script only as long as it needs to be.
- Create a storyboard. You’ll visually outline your promo video with storyboarding. A storyboard contains thumbnails of the frames and scenes you want to include in your video, as well as notes for each of them.
- Storyboards can be as simple or as complex as you like. The main rule to remember is that each major occurrence in your video should have at least one thumbnail dedicated to it, along with notes describing the purpose of the scene and its impact on the next one.
- Finalize your promotional video.
- Now that you have all of your video and audio clips in one place, it’s time to connect them during the editing process.
- Add text and graphic elements. A powerful video editing software will allow you to enhance your video with elements that will keep viewers engaged and their eyes moving. Again, let all of this be done by your explainer video services company. For instance, Video Explainers is the number one explainer video services company in the USA.
By defining what you want to accomplish and what your audience requires, you can create a promotional video that is not only relevant and relatable but also highly actionable.
Make The Most Out Of Explainer Videos
Not just promotional videos, explainer videos can be utilized for any business purpose. You just have to know how to employ it, when to employ it, for whom, and where. If you can figure these points out, then you will have no discrepancies in your video marketing strategy. Instead, you will be cashing out on it.
The only critical decision you have to make is to choose the right explainer video services firm to do your job. Our pick? Video Explainers. Schedule an appointment with their video marketing experts to get started.